Sunday, April 28, 2024

12th Fail

Heard elaborate appreciations about this movie wherever I went/saw - relatives, friends, whatsapp groups, etc.. So I guess I had set myself up with some very great expectations. Waited for a long time to watch it (much like RRR). Unlike RRR, though, this one did not buoy my feelings while the movie unfolded itself. It went from ok to well, alright to so? to fine to then and so on. I guess I have seen too many True stories with similar motivation/insiration and seen it made really good that my mind starts making comparisons very soon on same genre. 

Not to belittle the tale itself - it is truly fascinating how Mr Manoj became an IPS officer, full kudos to him. But the movie-making definitely could have been better, editing was definitely needed with lot of repeated dialogs, scenes, etc. Free-flowing camera movement is ok and trending now but not sure if it was really needed. Acting by pretty much new cast is great and they have all done really well. Shraddha's scenes were very well captured and clean, definitely the highlight of the movie. Also I thought I detected couple of directional miss too but, overall thanks to Vidhu Vinod Chopra for bringing this story to the masses although could have done better.

Rating: Good

Language: Hindi

No comments: