Monday, November 28, 2022

RRR

 Looking at the trailer, I never felt like watching this movie because it was filled with so much of action and violence, which is not of my liking. But the hype that this movie got and the fact that the director also directed Bahubali somehow made me watch it. And I was glad I did. There is something about Rajamouli that really woos the audience to the theatre. And this is a movie that should be watched on the big screen although I watched it on TV. The way the movie begins, how each character is portrayed, etc. is truly fantastic. Of course, in some cases, it does look like Rajnikanth-kind of fantasy scene where one man lifts a bike on his hand and wheels it around and throws it like a toy but still such scenes does not repel away the educated audience. Somewhere deep down, one feels a human can actually do that if he is sufficiently motivated. Coming to the movie itself, it reminded me of Sholay at several instances - especially the bond that was shared by the two protagonists. It was really heart-warming. The music by Keeravani is superlative in many aspects. The songs of Naatu, Naatu and Komaram Bheem gives goosebumps. The choreography of Naatu, Naatu is unfathomable. Dialog is power-packed. Setting and attire are all perfect. All in all, excellent film-making and one that tops the chart.

Rating: Must-see

Language: Telugu

Update: I came across this website and the story (and storytelling) now seems absolutely un-believ-able!!

No comments: