Sunday, August 9, 2020

Shakuntala Devi

 Well, let me be honest. I had high expectations of this movie. Instead this is more of a character assassination! All the high regards I had of SD came shattering after I saw this movie. Of course, this is a narration from the daughter's perspective and she has all the right to say what she wants but I'd rather have not known her personal story, for SD is made more of a negative character in this than someone to be proud of! Just adding positive notes in the last 10 minutes does not undo all that is told until then. But coming to the story itself - it is indeed fascinating. In fact, Shakuntala Devi herself is a Miracle in herself - without a movie needing to be made out of her! Vidya Balan has acted very much like how she did in Dirty Picture - like a South Indian actress & an accent drawl, except South Indian actress are anything but that. Hence, as such, I didn't like it much. She'd've been better off as how she did in Tumhari Sulu or Mission Mangal. Rest of the movie is ok-dokey. Watchable if nothing else to do.

Rating: Average

No comments: