Friday, January 12, 2024

Shane

A (true-story) documentary about Shane Warne. Well, the tale is good but narration is average. Lots of pauses in-between makes me think editing could have been better. I guess, it could have been reduced by at least half an hour. Also, I was expecting more of Sachin-Shane but there wasn't much. But what was there was indeed riveting. The first ball in his first Ashes against Gatting was something I had not known and it was mind-blowing. I kept watching that scene again and again! There were other tales like Salim Malik asking him to fail, Shane being out for an year for failing drug test, him playing Australian football, his children, etc. which were all new stuff to me - so it was interesting. But so glad this documentary was made when he was still alive, and he could see it. If he had started off his career with cricket (instead of football) and not lost that one year and retired late (he retired to spend more time with his kids!), he could easily have taken 1000 Test wickets! What a great man, indeed. And for that, this documentary is well worth watching.

Rating: Average

Language: English

No comments: