Saturday, July 25, 2020

Kedarnath

I remember having read the review of this film and thinking this is not worth watching. But after SSR died recently, I thought the least I can do to mourn is see one of his latest movies - however naive that might sound. But I truly liked him - he seemed to have nice qualities around him, an aura of goodness, if you may. Anyways, this movie turned out to be good actually - much against my initial thought. They have depicted the movie really well - and it is almost like Kai Po Che (which also happened to be SSR's first) where events revolve around a major tragedy, which in this case was 2013 Kedarnath floods. So, the crew has done an excellent job in computer graphics to depict the floods. It is as good as Life of Pi and Titanic. After one sees this movie, one can feel the life in the valleys - and for that, it is well worth a watch. I was shocked that over 50K died and over 70K missing after the floods - that is so sad...Debutant Soha Ali Khan too has done justice to her role of a rebellious daughter of a Hindu priest.
Rating: Good

No comments: