Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Avane Srimannarayana

Well, well, well. I am a fan of Rakshit Shetty - thanks to Kirik Party & Ulidhavaru Kandanthe. Hence when this movie made headlines, I was all eager. So much so, that I was even ready to go to the theater - which I rarely do since most movies come on TV within a short period of time anyways. Hence, hopped onto the nearest theater. The movie started. Within a few minutes, I realized this is different. A few more minutes later I felt I was watching a Texan cowboy movie - complete with hats, rifles, desert, etc. Definitely not my type. And then in fight sequences, I could see Jackie Chan's style: witty and creative. Liked it, yes. But then, it became too much - both in terms of fights, violence (chopping off fingers - ewww), loud background score which made it hard to follow, too many hippies (long beards & dirty looking - drinking & shooting), etc. There are twists, yes, it is a very-different-Kannada-movie, yes, but sadly this movie didn't score well in my charts. Rakshit is great - his dialog delivery albeit fast is very natural. Story is a simple gang war tale for a hidden treasure - & one can pretty much predict who gets the loot. And, of course, it definitely has some flaws in the narration. Pardonable though.
Rating: Average

No comments: