Sunday, January 24, 2016

American Sniper

I thoroughly enjoyed the autobiography and I was looking forward to see this movie. The movie is as good a replica of the book and pretty well-made, complete with the same real-life dialog as jotted down in the book. Good acting, good direction and pretty decent movie.

But what came as a shock to me was - when I read the book, it said 'Chris Kyle lives with his family in Texas'. So I was expecting the same ending. But in the movie, I was shocked to reality that Chris Kyle was killed in 2013, just a year after the book was published. I just could not get over the reality. I mean, the guy saved so many lives and was so lucky. He escaped Death by mere inches all his life in the war. It was as if Death itself was ensuring his safety for the greater good, and then all of a sudden, he gets killed in such a useless way. I just could not get over it. 

RIP Chris. What a man...what a life.

Rating: Good

No comments: